Welcome to Payne's Notebook!
This is my notebook for a lot of things. Among them, "Research" and
"Programming" are the two major parts. I hope some of my notes are usefult to
you. If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact me at
You can find more information about me, my bookmarks, and some of my favorate photographs in "Payne Chang" section.
In "Research" section, you can find the following information.
- Research Interests
- C++ Projects
- I have developed several programs to control experiments and analyze data. You might find some of them useful to your research.
Ephic is the program currently under active development.
- Calcium Imaging
- I use calcium-sensitive dye imaging to detect intracellular [Ca2+] change in the dendrites of neurons. Calcium imaging is also a good method
to examine active events at dendrites, such as back-propagating action potentials and calcium spikes. Here you can find some of my calcium imaging galleries
- NEURON Simulation
- You can find some of my notes about NEURON, which is a very powerful simulation program.
- Electric Circuits
- You can find information about RC circuits, RL circuits, series RLC circuits, parallel RLC circuits, and a cell model.
- It contains some information about my research equipments.
- Some of my experiment protocols are here.
- Programming Interests
- I am a skilled programer. Some of my notes on C/C++, Java, Python, FLTK, OpenGL,
and Igor Pro are posted here.
- Information Technology
XML, AJAX, DHTML, and HTML5 are posted here.